When upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7, the compatibility report may generate the following error:
These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer’s website to search for updated drivers.
Network adapters: Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter
But if your mobile device isn’t currently connected to your computer, this network adapter may not appear in the list of devices. Here’s how to find and remove this adapter from your system:
1. Open a command prompt in administrator mode.
2. Type SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
and press the Enter key.
3. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. The “Device Manager” window will open.
4. In the View menu, click the Show Hidden Devices item.
5. In the device tree, expand the Network adapters node.
6. Right click on Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter item.
7. Click Uninstall in the popup menu.
Article published on September 28, 2011
|If you like this article, please share it:|