There is a bug in WordPress v2.1.3 and a few prior versions that may prevent you from adding categories to your WordPress blog.
When you attempt to add a category, the error message “You do not have permission to do that” will appear in a pink box.
To solve this problem in Internet Explorer 7 (IE7):
- Click the IE7 “Tools” button, then select the “Internet Options” menu item.
- Go to the “Security” tab.
- Ensure the “Internet” zone is selected.
- Click the “Custom Level” button. The “Security Settings – Internet Zone” dialog will appear.
- Scroll down the options until you find the “Scripting” section.
- Under “Active Scripting”, select the “Disable” option.
- Click the “OK” button. The “Security Settings – Internet Zone” dialog will close.
- In the “Internet Options” dialog, click the “OK” button.
- Press Ctrl+F5 to force refresh the current web page or open a new browser window.
IMPORTANT: Remember to reset the “Active Scripting” option back to “Enable” when you are finished adding WordPress categories, otherwise you will find that many other web pages will break!
Article published on April 24, 2007
|If you like this article, please share it:|